I have had so many people message and email about a healthy Pumpkin Pie option as most of you know I eat clean and I am allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Gluten. As many of you know Meme aka Eric's mom is here and she made a Pie for the family last night and everyone said it was the best Pumpkin Pie they have ever had. I will share the recipe she tweaked for Eric to be able to eat it with his Ulcerative Colitis and how I tweak it for myself since I have more food intolerances.
For the Pie Filing:
- 1 15 oz can of pumpkin
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed coconut milk (If you don't have this try almond milk or oat milk)
- 2 eggs (I personally make min with Flax Seed Meal since I can't have eggs but they can)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp. gluten free flour meme uses the King Arthur or I use the arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup if you like it really sweet or dont hav the sweetened condensed coconut milk you can add more to the sweetness you want.
We blend all the ingredients in our blender or you can hand whisk them together.
- 5 Tbsp. butter (I personally use ghee or all palm shortening for mine so 5-7 tbsp of just palm shortening)
- 2-3 T shortening
- 1 1/2 gluten free flour (Erics mom uses King Arthur gluten free flour and I use 1/2 almond flour and 1/2 tapioca flour with 1/4 maple sugar for my crust)
- Pinch of salt
- 3-5 Tbsp of water
Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and press into a pie pan lined with coconut oil or some of the palm shortening.
Pour the filling into the pie crust and then bake at 425 for 15 minutes and 350 for to 35-40 min or until knife comes out clean.
Hopefully you enjoy the pie as much as we do!!